Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween on the Horizon!

Love, love Halloween! It's one of my favorite times of year...I'll admit it's madness, but I love it! This year I decided to include a fun, festive craft. Gritch the witch made an appearance in my classroom. The kids loved Margie Palatini's Piggie Pie. If you've not read the story...check it out! You won't regret it!

Anyways, as a class we read the story and talked about the recipe Gritch was using to make her pie. Then, we brainstormed different ingredients for spooky halloween food. The objective was to create a recipe that could go into Grtich's recipe book. Here is my class sample...

 Cat ear cupcakes...mmm' boy!
What I loved most about this craft and activity was that it really allowed students to explore their creativity!
I printed off a picture of Gritch to accompany our recipes..and voila! A page from Gritch's recipe book..done! I hung them in the entrance to my classroom for all to see!
This was such a quick, easy, and fun activity to do as a class. If you're looking for the recipe card you can find it here at my TPT store!

Happy crafting!

No comments :

Post a Comment