Thursday, January 5, 2017

Setting Goals for the New Year!

I LOVE the start of the New Year! Although coming back to school from break can be rough, it allows a fresh new start full of possibilities for both students and teachers! :)

After Winter Break I like to ease back into our classroom routines...so what better way than with a fun craft-ivity?! This craft encourages students to reflect on the past year and create new goals for the new year!

Here is my sample:

I like to encourage students to come up with all sorts of new goals--academic and social emotional included! Together, we discuss what makes an attainable, realistic goal and brainstorm ideas for student goals.

I added some cute additions to this craft by using some materials I had on hand and others I picked up at Dollar Tree. For this craft-ivity you will need:
  •  Colored construction paper
  • Blow Horns (found at Dollar Tree)
  • Sparkle pom poms (optional)
  • Hair color yarn



My kiddos had a blast putting together their faces and creating 4 new goals for the new year. I had my kiddos use runny glue to attach their hair to back of their party hats. Then, I used hot glue to add the blow horn and sparkle pom pom to the top of the hat!

Just a cautionary word: Your students WILL ask to blow their blow horns. So, for fun, I let everyone blow them for 5 seconds...no more, no less! :)

Here are samples of student work...they turned out A-dorable!!! Interested in this New Year craft-ivity? Check it out in my TPT store here! :)




4 comments :

  1. It's so tough getting back to work after the holidays. Thanks for sharing this awesome craftivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Of course! My 3rd graders had a blast creating new goals...and of course doing the art project was just an added bonus! :)

      Delete
  2. This is AMAZING!!! I'm going to have to get it for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My kids had so much fun creating themselves! :)

      Delete